To the City Clerks of Vancouver, Richmond and Surrey.
To: The City Clerks of Vancouver, Richmond, New Westminster and Surrey.
My name is Anthony Marr, and I represent the Vancouver Animal Defence League and its delegation in making the following application:
We would like to have the opportunity to give a presentation to the Mayor and City Council, on the subject of banning the possession, consumption and trade of shark fins within your municipality as soon as possible please, thank you.
On June 25, 2012, we made such a presentation to the Mayor and City Council of Burnaby, with excellent results for all concerned. Within one day of our presentation, Burnaby City Hall announced to and via the [24Hrs] newspaper its intent to ban the possession, consumption and trade of shark fins in Burnaby.
Please refer to the following links:
1. The pre-event newspaper article [Activists Call For Shark-Fin Ban] in the [Burnaby NewsLeader] newspaper (June 21, 2012)
2. Anthony Marr’s picto-video blog of the Burnaby City Hall event (June 25, 2012):
3. The post-event newspaper article [Burnaby to Ban Shark Fin Trade] in the [24Hrs] newspaper:
4. The Post-event newspaper article [Shark Fin Ban Gains Momentum in Metro Cities] – [Burnaby NewsLeader] and [Surrey North Delta Leader] newspapers (June 27, 2012):
5. Article [Burnaby to Consider Shark Fin Ban] in the [Burnaby NewsLeader] newspaper (June 29, 2012)
Thank you for your attention.
Anthony Marr, Spokesperson
Vancouver Animal Defence League